I have been blogging for just over 12 months now. I created and still contribute regularly on the Oracle Recruitment Blog. Many (ok most of) the blog entries I have created over that time have been about either Oracle, Recruitment or Web 2.0/Social Networking Tools.
I was looking over the list of some of my blog entries over that time and it was good to reflect on my thoughts during that period and see some of the articles I have written. I have decided to write a Top 5 List of my Favorite Blog Entires that I have written from the Oracle Recruitment Blog. In no particular order:
1) Five Trends We May See in Recruitment – I like this blog entry as I do feel the role of a Recruiter is changing, it is no longer just about sending resumes, or it shouldn’t be anyway)
2) Motivation From Seth Godin and David Carman – I like this blog entry because we truly are responsible for our own actions, in a downturn it can be easy to blame “the market” but ultimately what we do with ourselves is up to us.
3) Recruitment is Becoming an Increasingly Transparent Business – It is great that candidates and companies are much more savvy when it comes to Recruitment Practices – the more transparent any business is the better.
4) The Changing Workplace: No Longer Just the Office you Work In – Hasn’t the working world changed. Business and work relationships are global and virtual, without the technology we use today this was not as possible 20-30 years ago.
5) Recruitment Should About Quality not Just Quantity – Our work should always be about adding value, not just going through the motions.
6) (A Bonus Favorite – I Couldn’t Help it) Perspective Needed When Using the Title “Web 2.0 Expert” – The term Web 2.0 gets thrown around far too much these days, I feel the term has become oversaturated.
I look forward to writing more blog entries and continuing to share my thoughts, ideas and comments with you. If there is anything you would like to see or have a question about please feel free to email me at email@example.com